Sunday 28 October 2007

Persephone and Pomegranates

Pomegranate ushers us down to meet,
The Sacred Feminine and Her seeds so sweet,
Bearing fruit, luscious and red,
Into Her Labyrinth,
I am led.

Persephone signifies the renewed aspect of self that is to be found only if we are willing to travel into the chambers of rebirth to gather the seeds of new possibilities – a cyclic journey between the forces of birth and death.

On her journey, Persephone is protected by the luminaries, the Sun and the Moon.

She knows that the gestating seeds within her will open to the sunlight even as they are watered by the changing cycles of the Moon.

Persephone is my guide. Standing between fire and water, she gazes into the beauty of Narcissus.

As a bridge between the worlds, I, like Persephone, am forever crowned Queen of the Underworld, and, yet, eternally nourished by the love and mystery of Mother Earth.

She will protect me as I make my descent in order to discover for myself the splendor and magic of the mysterious forces within.

2 comments:

The Dream said...

I am here with my coffee (tea at night), having just finished another painting, and feeling soothed by your words. 'Poms' are fantastic!

Suzie Ridler said...

How interesting, I've been eating pomegranate seeds all week!

Your reading can be found here. I hope it helps. Please let me know if it does!