Monday 29 October 2007

My cup runneth over

It was American novelist Ray Bradbury who said:

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves
over and let the beautiful stuff out."
Ray Bradbuy

This week's Rainbow Dreams asks me if I can accept a happy life.

Isha says this is not an easy question to answer ... yeah, no kidding.

Its true that the wounds of the past must be healed before you can grow into your wish.

The Universe has a funny way of letting you know when its time to move on.

I feel my life moving forward.

I am freed from the chains that have bound my heart for so many years. It is time. It is my time.

No longer will I stand behind politely and wait while others fill their cup.

I have reached a point of acceptance in my life. I hold my cup high toward the waters of life and dare to fill it completely, to let it run over.

Unlimited love, joy, and wisdom pour into my heart.

I just don't accept a happy life ~ I demand it!

8 comments:

Jane said...

I think I have to print this one out today! This is where I am with myself too. The time has come to reclaim myself and go for everything. I just don't want to think about it, I expect it.

Suzie Ridler said...

Awesome! Absolutely awesome and I totally agree, demand it for yourself. Take charge of your happiness. I love this post.

Annie Z said...

Yea! And me too!
Annie
xxx

Suzie Ridler said...

In response to your comment about your tarot reading:

Hi Mich!

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that is so hard, I can't imagine how hard.

You definitely sound ready to start a new beginning in your life, in many ways! I think starting on your career and happiness is the best first step to finding love in your life. It all begins with you.

Let me know if you'd like me to do an Inner-Child or Triple Goddess Tarot reading for you.


That would be wonderful, I would love that. I've still been having a challenging time reading my own cards so any insight would be helpful. Especially about the path I'm on. I'm still struggling with not "working" because of my illness.

You are very welcome for your reading, I hope it's helpful!

Love & Light
Suzie

derick said...

mich,
as the patina of the conditioned self starts to wear away and the true authentic person sees the chink of light, there is no turning back.
when a bird starts to emerge from it's egg--there is only one way upwards and onwards.
evolve and spread your light further.
take care
derick

Anonymous said...

You are always such an inspiration, so strong and so unyielding.
Demand your happiness!
I think I'll try that too.
xo

clairem said...

Hi Mich, I can't help wondering... what is a happy life? not that mine is unhappy, but how can one be happy if one doesn't have the opposite to compare it to? how can happy exist by itself, the same as how cold can exist without warm/hot or to refer to your previosu entry light if there's no darkness and persephone?

isn't life always as full of unpleasant as well as pleasant - in smae "amount"?

saying that doesn't mean I don't believe in being happy and demanding it, at times but I also believe that when it is granted, it will be followed by harder times, just to even things out... and that's fine by me.

Alhana Tierra-Skye said...

In response to Clairem, I think happiness is a state of being,an attitude. Good things happen, bad things happen, but we can choose how we allow these things to affect us, whether or not they are going to take away from our happiness, our knowing and taste of light.