Tuesday 23 October 2007

The Fragrant Garden of my mind ~ My Sacred Life Day 19

I did a chakra caress meditation this evening to visit the a rich and flowering place within me.

Closing my eyes, I envisioned entering the colorful and fragrant gardens of your mind and heart.

In this garden I feel a wave of calm envelope me. I feel safe and secure and comfortable in my own skin.

I am reminded of one of Rumi's quotes:

"You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly."


Rumi


What many of us forget as we make our way through life is that we are not limited beings but beings of infinite possibility.

Our minds contain the most glorious set of shimmering wings that, when allowed to fully expand, will allow us to soar high above any perceived limitations and fly free.

We must use them, however. We must let them spread fully by actively seeking the highest and best thought and feeling throughout the course of every day, by committing to our intentions fully and settling for nothing less.

In this way, we truly do learn to fly.

May you always remember to spread your wings and fly.

3 comments:

The Dream said...

I love this post, Mich. Breathing in goodness and closing my eyes, visualizing flying. You are truly a breath of fresh air.

Unknown said...

i wish i could remember that right now.

may you always fly true, strong, and well.

xo
~delena

daisies said...

how absolutely wonderful ... thank you, i so needed to read this right now :) xox