Sunday 14 October 2007

Breaking Free

"Once upon a time,
I dreamt I was a butterfly...
Suddenly I awoke...
Now, I do not know whether I was then
a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or whether I am now a butterfly
dreaming that I am a man."

Chuang Tzu (c.360 BC - c. 275 BC)

This week's Rainbow Dreams coaxes me to look deep within. It asks:
As you emerge from your cocoon of transformation
note your true colours.
What is happening in your life right now?

For anyone who has been following my journey, you will know that I've been working with life coach Gayla Maxwell for the past couple of months.

This journey has been quite incredible for me. I have realised that for a number of years now I've been hiding out in my cocoon, frightened to emerge, frightened of my true colours.

Gayla's been coaxing me out of my nice, warm, 'safe' cocoon. Truth be told I really didn't feel safe there anymore, but for me it was better the devil I know ...

I've done a lot of work on myself over these past years, however was unsure of how to bring it all together. There was a part of me that couldn't accept the fact that I might fail, and then where would I be - exposed to the world with no where to hide!

But as my confidence has grown, and my ability to see beyond my own limitations and fears, I unfurled one feeler out and then the other. Once i realised that I was safe, I was able to spread my wings and break free of the cocoon which had become my self-imposed prison.

I've shed the need for approval, and now stand tall in my own truth and integrity.

People who were once afraid of me, are now drawn to me as they see my real colours for the first time.

I am a butterfly, a beautiful, colourful butterfly that has learnt to fly.

1 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You are a butterly! Good for you for truly emerging into your spirit.