Wednesday 11 April 2007

Working with an open heart

Text from The Triple Goddess Tarot written and created by Isha Lerner and illustrated by Mara Friedman:
"Pictured is a beautiful woman embracing the womb seed of new love. She caresses it near Her heart. Her fiery garment emanates waves of vibrational life force that move upward out of the earth through Her body. This is the luminous energy of tantra, the art of spirit-filled love, taught by the masters in the Eastern schools of initiaion. It illuminates Her first and second chakras. the centers of creativity and procreation. Her sexual desires have merged with the all-knowing aspect of divine love. The upper region of Her body is blue, the color of truth. It is as if the vastness of the sky were united with Her body so that a tiny orb of the Moon can glow within Her. This inner Moon reflects the light of Her original truth, revealing the infinite source of love that is Her birthright, the eternal gift of the Divine Feminine."

I've been doing a lot of work with my heart chakra these past couple of weeks. In my daily meditations I have been visited by two beautiful goddesses of the heart ~ Kwan Yin and Aphrodite.

This stage of my ChakraDance training entailed dedication and commitment, for the tasks involved were some of the most difficult to comprehend for the human soul. I sought to embrace the essence of love within and avoid the temptation to seek it elsewhere. The beloved with whome we choose to share our intimate life is but a reflection of our own loving nature.

I walked down the the lake as the sun set this evening. I waded in from a sandy shore - just past my ankles - with my arms reaching toward the heavens in the shape of a chalice and imagined I was being filled with the elixire of divine love. The radiant light of Aphrodite poured into my heart.
I DARE TO BE THE RAPTUROUS BEAUTY
THAT LIVES WITHIN MY HEART.

Affirmations to practice with the heart chakra (from www.goddess.com.au) include:

From Aphrodite:

  • I am valuable
  • I walk in beauty
  • I am free to be myself, I accept myself as I am
  • I release my habit of self-criticism
  • My insecurity is replaced with wisdom
  • At my centre there is a incandescent fire
  • I release myself from harmful judgments
  • I'm the best thing that's ever happened to me
From Kwan Yin:

  • I forgive
  • I radiate love
  • I am tolerant of everyone around me
  • I have great joy, and therefore great energy
  • My peace is shared peace
  • I am weightless and free of burden

6 comments:

Ang said...

thank you for you comments, the quote you left is beautiful.
And what a wonderfully inspiring post, you look like you are on a road to true inner happiness.

love and laughter.
Ang

Unknown said...

the description sounds like the Empress card, and the affirmations at the end...were those from Inner Goddess? i *love* Inner Goddess!!!

this is absolutely amazing work you're doing. it's tough, but you're brave and strong for doing it!!! much admiration for you over here. =)

loving your blog!

Unknown said...

ack...okay, just visited your website. you ARE Inner Goddess!! *bows* i've been getting your newsletter faithfully for, like, YEARS!

*laughing at self* my bad.

The Dream said...

filled with divine love ... absolutely!

beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Loving this!
The affirmations from Aphrodite "speak to me".
I especially like.... "I have great joy, and therefore great energy".

Annie Z said...

This is a wonderful post. I have recently started to research the feminine nature of the goddess and loved reading the goddess qualities. There was something about the lists that were very freeing.
Thanks for sharing!
JTL
xxx