Saturday 14 April 2007

Infinite truth

This week I'm working with the throat chakra and the goddess Athena. The throat chakra is related to communication, courage and creative connection.

As we grow wiser, we come again, through our sacred meanderings, to the center of truth.

Lately I've been experiencing what seems to be more than my fair share of moments when everything seems to be on top of me - but each time I conquer another difficulty, I feel on top of the world.

A friend tonight asked me why I continue to enter cycles of seemingly impossible tasks, only to surmount them then search out more. In reflection I answered the rush achievement brings provides me with an endorphin surge that is addictive - I am compelled to seek out bigger and better challenges to sustain my 'habit'.

Presenting a strong and courageous face to the world, I'm drawing on my strength rather than devoting time to explore my weaknesses. So it's time to unclutter my life of all the issues dragging me down - the lower I am dragged down the harder I have to fight to get back on top.

So I pick up Athena's sword and declare battle against the clutter in my life. There is as much satisfaction to be found in simplicity as there is in resolving complexity.

Athena teaches us to embrace the notion that from the ultimate perspective there are no victims and no perpetrators, to find the power of our higher will and activate it in all that we say and do.

I have the choice each day to embody the values of Athena or live outside the boundaries of balance and self-respect.

Author and international lecturer on spiritual, personal and political issues -- Marianne Williamson said:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world...As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."


I am not afraid to take power. Power has strength. Power is courage. The most potent power in the world is the power of love.

No longer will I sit in silence. Rather I will practice diplomatic and graceful expression - to have the courae to say what needs to be said without the fear of consequence.

I am safe to speak my truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It's so empowering. And speaks the truth.
Click on my bloggie award icon for the explaination. Basically you just nominate 5 bloggers who you think deserve this award.

patti said...

You have spoken your truth very well here. I guess it's all about being assertive, rather than aggressive or passive.