Tuesday 17 April 2007

Dancing in the sun

One of my favourite quotes is a traditional Sufi Blessing:

"May the longtime sun shine upon you, all love surround you and the pure light within you guide your way home -- guide your way home."

My journey takes me to the solar plexus chakra, as I dance into this beautiful life with respect and gratitude.

I am blessed with a boundless enthusiasm and the joy of creation.

Dancing into a field of sunflowers I meet the goddess Persephone. We twirl and dance till we fall to the ground laughing.

The yellow flowers form an awning over my head as I lie on my back and absorb the rays of the sun as they penetrate into the core of my deepest self. I am at peace and have earned the rapture of this golden essence.

I am woken from my dream by the Setting Sun Woman -- the keeper of tomorrow's dreams and goals. She teaches me about the will to live, survive, and thrive. She tells me to open the curtains of my soul to the daylight and drink the sparkling water the Sun has nourished.

I set new goals and dreams and look beyond the cliff's edge to the horizon.

I speak with authority and am not afraid of my power.

I walk in humility and service with a proud and giving nature and rise above the petty concerns of those around me.

I serve as a beacon of light and share my joy with the world.

7 comments:

The Dream said...

you DO share your joy with the world - so obvious by not only your writing and choice of images, but also the grin you donne on your blog pic. deep peace to you.

Unknown said...

it's refreshing to see someone else actually encountering persephone's lighter, fun-loving side. three cheers!

and i'm in absolute rapturous envy for all the incredible pictures you keep posting on your blog entries, too. =)

patti said...

This is a beautiful quote, one I will copy and keep in my file. Great photo - I wish I could leap like that - what joy!

Anonymous said...

I really love that pic!
And your writing is encouraging to me as always.
I am so grateful for the sun that has been shining for 2 days now!
It's finally getting gorgeous out!!!

Ang said...

A wonderful quote, and photo.

Jane said...

This is a beautiful post! I'm going to come and visit daily. Your words and photos are simply gorgeous.

Namaste...
Jane

Anonymous said...

I love this soulful leap and treasure your words and quotes...nice journey