Monday 4 June 2007

Bliss

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
bliss
/blɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[blis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment: wedded bliss.
2. Theology. the joy of heaven.
3. heaven; paradise: the road to eternal bliss.
4. Archaic. a cause of great joy or happiness. —Idiom
5. Slang. bliss out,
a. to experience bliss or euphoria: Just give them some bean sprouts and a little tofu and they bliss out.
b. to cause to become blissful or euphoric: a recording guaranteed to bliss out every Mozart fan.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


It was my first day back at work today, and I feel blessed. Not because I love my job and that I was glad to be back. Rather it was just the opposite. Within 10 minutes of walking in I heard myself saying, "I just don't want to be here anymore."

Then I cried.

I finally let go of a job that no longer serves me, it was a moment of mourning. For years, this job has been my identity -- an integral part of who I was.

No longer.

Tonight during my meditation, I invoked the goddesses: Kali for grounding; Pele for empowerment; Kwan Yin for love; and Athena for communication.

Through Kwan Yin I sent love and light to those who have wronged me, and I forgave them.
I asked Kali to keep me grounded during this time of turmoil, and invoked Pele to keep my self-esteem strong and true. And of course Athena to help me speak my truth with integrity and love.

During my ChakraDance practice tonight, I experienced a sense of bliss whilst dancing the heart and crown chakras. I felt a smile creep across my face as I danced with the goddess.

Through regular prayer, meditation, and visualisation—the human body begins to transform into a being of Infinite Bliss. The organs are strengthened and new levels of perception are awakened. The preconditions necessary to attain true peace and freedom have been fulfilled.

Remember you encounter the Great Bliss Queen in your life when you are fully present and alive in the world of form, while fully immersed in your flaming wisdom bliss. Once you have awakened to your own blissful nature, you encounter the Great Bliss Queen everywhere. There is no place She is not. She is All. All is Bliss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my goddess guru...sending you hugs and comfort.
Be proud of yourself for letting go of something that no longer "fits".
It takes courage to take that step, even though we know it's for our highest good...it's a bit like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.
Land softly with Kali gently holding you.

Jane said...

this is such a beautiful post! I love your writing and the way you look at the Universe. I'm seeking my blissful nature and this just simply inspires me!

Mich said...

Thank you my goddess friends, I find much inspiration in your blogs as well.

Blessed be!

m.
x