Wednesday 30 May 2007

Love


Rumi said: "We are the mirror, as well as the face in it. We are tasting the taste of eternity this minute. We are pain and what cures pain. We are the sweet cold water and the jar that pours. Soul of the world, no life, nor world remain, no beautiful women and men longing. Only this ancient love circling the holy black stone of nothing. Where the lover is the loved, the horizon and everything within it."

The adept knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that the schooling of life is found within, and that each of us has the freedom to become fully awake through our own efforts and will.

New levels of spiritual insight and contentment flood in on a regular basis and are readily assimilated.

Wells of creativity and vitality are unearthed.

My power to serve the world with great compassion and skill comes to the fore. I am no longer hiding my light under a bushel, for there is nowhere left to hide.

The path into Aphrodite’s embrace entails constant discernment, for She embodies the truth of real love.

No longer does She confuse mere seduction, which is fear-based, with love, which knows no fear. Loving and kind to all women and men, She refuses to perpetuate the competitive and jealous ways of others. She is at home in Her physical body and grateful for the gift of life. She shares this joy with all around Her. She attracts many things to herself, yet knows the path of discrimination.

I will take time for myself: sleep when I need to; vacation and play when it is appropriate. I will not overwork or bury myself in competitive work habits. Awakened Aphrodite accepts life. And I choose to live life fully.

Above all else, I am not be afraid to love completely and honestly.

Honor thyself and love will return one thousand times over.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow.

this is just...POWERFUL. there are just so many things that resonated within me when i read this, i can't pick one, or even just a few.

it was all just very breathtaking. thank you for this!!

i've been doing much of the same in my own life lately, only i've been expressing it differently (in my own funky way), but basically, it's the same thing. COOLNESs! i've always had a special place in my heart for aphrodite.