Saturday 5 May 2007

Birth of the moon

It was Rumi who said:

A new moon teaches gradualness and deliberation and how one gives birth to oneself slowly. Patience with small details makes perfect a large work, like the universe.

The Moon Goddess glowed as she unveiled a beautiful full moon this week. It glowed in the midnight sky like an orb of silver light.
Moon Goddesses are always protector deities who lovingly watch over all living beings on Earth.
They teach us, by example, to extend ourselves well beyond the boundaries of the individual self into the realm of service to the world.
The path of the Moon allows each of us to explore the vast region of the collective unconscious and to solve the deep mystery of the soul.
Moonbeams danced across the lake. A lone waterfowl called out, paying homage to the to her beauty.

As I communed with the moon goddess, dancing naked in the moonlight, I realised that I am the moist and vast ocean of the heavenly Womb.
The tides and waters of the earth respond to my changing reflection.
I allow the magical light of my Moon glow to illuminate my path inward to the place where my soul’s thirst is quenched.
I feel, dream, imagine, and open to the spirit of the feminine orb of light that embraces my soul in the luminous sweetness of the night.

2 comments:

Annie Z said...

This really touched my soul, Mich. Particularly this line...
"I allow the magical light of my Moon glow to illuminate my path inward to the place where my soul’s thirst is quenched."
Beautiful
JTL
xxx

Suzie Ridler said...

What a stunning post, I am so happy we have crossed paths. It's wonderful to meet another woman who communes with the moon, whether or not we see her in the sky. Enjoy the darkness of the coming new moon!