Friday 9 November 2007

Forgiveness

"As swimmers dare to lie face to the sky and water bearns them, as hawks rest upon air and air sustains them, so would I learn to attain freefall, and float into Creator Spirit’s deep embrace, knowing no effort earns that all-surrounding grace."
Denise Levertov

The Universe gently entices me into the quiet caverns of my soul.

My sense of identity shifts from the small self—motivated by fear and the instinctual drive for physical survival—to the soul-spirit self that is characterised by unconditional love and an understanding that nothing of real value can ever be lost or taken away.

I am invited to part the veils of my own ego and extend myself into the realm of the Great Mother of compassion who wishes to embrace me with Her warmth and protection.

I free myself from the confines of fear and doubt. Believe in the possibility of my own resurrection and enlightenment.

It is not easy to empty ourselves of false promises of safety and security and leap into the flames of the abyss. However, it is without doubt my time to release something old, and free myself from the ancient shakles of shame, fear, doubt, guilt, and denial.

I forgive myself, set my soul to the light, and rise up to reclaim my birthright.

5 comments:

Annie Z said...

It was good to read the complete opposite of my blog post tonight! Thanks!
Annie
xxx

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest chin ever!!!
As someone whose life is navigated by fear, I really like this post!
Now if I can just grasp the confidence you have, I can free myself.
Yes, I have to love MYSELF unconditionally.

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful! The post, the picture...really wonderful. I believe we can reconstruct ourselves and start again. I am tired of asking myself for forgiveness though. It was all part of the journey! Including our mistakes.

derick said...

mich,
everything is possible--to pass through those portals of duality and to regain who you intrinsically are, is the challenge.
one gets to a point where going forward is made easier because there is nothing to go back to.
reclaim your birthright and with that your sense of purpose will grow in leaps and bounds.
the phoenix arises from the ashes , renewed and ready to start a new journey.
i wish you well on this part.
be courageous and you will be rewarded with something that even your imagination could not envisage.
life is exceptionally great

The Dream said...

Mich,
You have such a bright smile and shining eyes! This year has been big for me in releasing myself from the shackles. Let's stay out in the sunlight, my friend. Forgiveness is SUCH a powerful thing! Don't you just feel like twirling in circles with arms extended right now?! Peace.