Wednesday 26 September 2007

My Sacred Life ~ My Kitchen Windowsill


"From joy I came,
For joy I live,
And in Thy sacred joy,
I shall melt again."
Yogananda


It is day one of My Sacred Life journey. I am grateful for Carla for this blessing.

I find myself building a small altar on my kitchen windowsill.

A small stone buddah sits in his serenity, surrounded by a cascade of crystals. Two candles sitting in silver holders flank the buddah, while two beautiful cyclamens pay homage to this sacred, sacred life.

This altar reminds me each day, that even every-day life is sacred. So when I stand at the kitchen sink washing up, or boiling the kettle, I am reminded how very blessed I am.

6 comments:

Annie Z said...

My Sacred Life is a wonderful journey. So glad you are doing it and I look forward to seeing your Sacred Life. I was everyday for the first 20 odd days and then things have been slow but still moving on. It has been such a rewarding thing to do.
Annie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!
Maybe I won't see washing dishes as such a horrid chore if I do something like that on my kitchen window sill!

Rick Hamrick said...

Welcome to My Sacred Life, Mich!

Speaking as one who has completed a month (31 days!) of daily entries, I can tell you it has been a marvelous and revealing trip.

I relished visiting my co-participants' websites, and it was fun coming up with a topic and some heartfelt words every day, myself.

It is my intention to continue with the "graduate program" of Sacred Life Sundays for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy the journey!

Unknown said...

i love it! and it's a great reminder that the sacred doesn't have to be huge and ornate. small and graceful works just as well.

just lovely... =)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to be reminded every morning of how blessed you are. Best of luck on your sacred journey. Nicole x

Anonymous said...

What a great way to be reminded every morning of how blessed you are. Best of luck on your sacred journey. Nicole x