Tuesday 13 March 2007

International Womens Day

Ok, I know this is a little late, but I wanted to acknowledge this day.

Thursday, March 8th was International Women's Day, a day to celebrate women and the contributions they make to our families, communities, and world, often in the face of major challenges and obstacles.

I celebrated this day with a circle of wonderful women at The Goddess Shrine. Hollie led us in a beautiful ritual. We journeyed through the elements honouring Women - our Sisters - and we honoured the potential of every Woman - old and young, black and white, Christian and Witch, Mother and Daughter, Grandmother and Maid...

It was a truly magical and uplifting evening. It was my mother's anniversary and it was a beautiful way to connect with her.

Anyway, I got to thinking about women who have inspired me throughout my life, women whom I admire and who in some way -- be it directly or indirectly -- have helped to shape my life ...

So today, I would like to honour my circle sisters, who encourage me to follow my bliss:

  • Angel ~ who takes on the world and stands firmly grounded
  • Bek ~ whose enthusiasm is infectious, she lights up the room
  • Bronwyn ~ who shows her courage through her vulnerability
  • Jodes ~ who continues to blossom like a delicate lotus
  • Kaylia ~ who stands in her truth and makes me laugh
  • Leonie ~ for her childlike curiousity, innocence and pure joy
  • Lile ~ a calming, grounding energy
  • Vanessa ~ wise and caring

I am blessed to have you in my life as my sisters.

Blessed be!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a magical day.