Monday 19 March 2007

Autumn Equinox

NeoTraditionally called Autumnal Equinox or Mabon - Sabbat of the Second Harvest - the Orchards.

Now the days grow shorter, and the nights are cool. The Sun filters through the treetops where the leaves have already started to fall.

In Persephone's story now is the time She journeys to the Underworld - the place of Darkness.

Persephone lures followers down a path into the inner darkness - a first step in the journey of deep healing at the unconscious level. While the surface seems barren and forsaken, new growth unfolds beneath.

SUGGESTED MANTRA: EMPOWERMENT

SUGGESTED AFFIRMATIONS:

  • I am as free as a bird
  • I am free to be myself
  • I accept myself as I am
  • I am good and I know it
  • I believe in my gifts and abilities
  • I release my need to be humiliated
  • I release my habit of self-criticism

GEMSTONES: Carnelian, coral, agate, brown jaspar (orange stones), pink tourmaline

MORE ABOUT PERSEPHONE

Persephone was the innocent daughter of Demeter abducted by Hades and taken to the underworld, where she took on a dark and mysterious persona as his new wife. Although found by her mother and freed on the condition that she had eaten nothing whilst imprisoned, it transpired that she had indeed eaten some pomegranate seeds. She was obliged thereafter to return to the underworld thereby dividing her time between her mother and her dark lover, but later chose to return of her own volition.

HER MODERN ENERGY

It was only in visiting the underworld and coming face-to-face with the darker forces that Persephone discovered her true self. Everyone has a shadow-side – that secret place in the psyche hidden from public view. It’s OK to visit this place occasionally, or to simply ‘be ’ when this darkness imposes itself upon you. Allow it to pass, and it will.

If Persephone's message is striking a chord with you, prepare to do something constructive about taking responsibility for yourself and your life. It is time to stop luxuriating in guilt and empower yourself through honesty. Accept your dark side as an integral and beautiful part of your whole self to achieve unshakeable personal power.

Spend today acknowledging truths, honouring those who are trying to help you, and showing gratitude for all the "good" in your life. Come out from the darkness and turn your face to the light.

DO THIS

Today, write down five things you are grateful for. It could be the sunrise you caught this morning, the toast your partner made you, or seeing children skipping to school - whatever it is that makes you feel glad to be alive.

When you wake up tomorrow, add to the list with another five things. Keep adding to the list every day until your heart is glowing with gratitude and joy - let the healing energy empower you in your new life!

This is the Harvest of the Orchards. The fruits of Spring and Summer's labours are shown to be - it has been a long journey but now is the time for balance... Be thankful.

Tomorrow, I will celebrate Autumn Equinox at Lunation with my sisters.

Blessed be!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!
This is so amazing!
Empowerment...I needed to read this today!
I got up before sunrise this morning and watched a gorgeous RED glowing sky out my new huge bay window, while having my coffee.
I love how the days are growing longer.
Today I am unpacking more stuff after work. I know I have a couple blank journal/notebooks somewhere.
I will assign one of them "my gratitude journal".
Thanks for the inspiration!