Saturday 2 February 2008

Late night ramblings of a new-world goddess

What a night!


I've had one of those evenings with my best friend, where we sat down and poured our souls out to each other. You know those times, often fuelled by a bit too much alcohol, where you lay it all down ... your hopes, your fears, everything.

We talked about our journeys since we had first met nine years ago.

She told me that she sees me as a contradiction, a fragile soul that is strong. And I guess she's right. J after all has been a passenger on my roller-coast ride which I call my life. She's seen the good, and the bad. She knows my deepest secrets.

However, as a butterfly emerges from a cocoon transformed, I feel as if I have come alive in the past two years.

I read her this quote from Isha Lerner:

Morning Glory,
The Goddess anew,
A flowering vine,
In radiant blue.
I speak my truth,
I live my dreams,
I am vibrant, alive,
and fully seen.

I'm not sure she quite got it. But it certainly got me thinking about my journey.

Who have I become? Who am I becoming?

I have awakened to the spirit, attuning to my own shimmering brilliance and vitality -- I am comfortable in who I am. A 'new-world' goddess who believes spiritual beauty is the ultimate truth which permeates and enchants the world.

An ardent prayer of gratitude rises in my heart, for I am again, and always have been, one with Anima Mundi, the soul of the world.

I have recognised the call of my own unique destiny. The time has come for me to truly embrace the New World Goddess - the sacred, feminine center which brings the beauty of perfection to all actions, deeds, and creations.

I seek resolution and let my old world die away, as I listen to the new voice emerging within my mind and heart. There can be no more lies, curses, or harmful conduct.

This New World Woman now at last reemerges from the sleeping womb of the last five thousand years. I awaken with Her - alive, vibrant, and renewed.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amazing! You are fully embracing your goddess, aren't you? I can feel your power all the way up here.

Blessed be! Life is good.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...don't you just love friendship times like that?
I swear one day, I'm going to get on a plane (this plan would include lots of valium!), and come see you.
I would LOVE to hang out with you and talk and spill our souls and play with Trinity.
I continue to admire you and learn so much from you.
And I love that quote of Isha Lerner's. I may use that in my morning meditation that I have vowed to get back into.
xo