Wednesday 26 December 2007

Season's Greetings

Season's greetings everyone! I hope you all had a magical Christmas and got to spend time with those you love.

Its been so long since I last posted, properly anyway.

November and most of December saw me travelling around the country on photoshoots. My life has been one crazy whirlwind of hard work and adventure. I've had the opportunity to work with some of Australia's best photographers, and I've met some incredible people.

And then, my 4 weeks annual leave was upon me. I was so excited, I had so much planned. And then the universe told me I needed to slow down. On my first day of leave I came down with tonsillitis, I felt as if I'd swallowed a pack of razor blades.

My tonsillitis is still hanging in there, and I'm about to start round 2 of anti-biotics - honestly they look like horse tablets, and I have no idea as to why pharmaceutical companies think someone who is having trouble swallowing water can get one of these babies down. Sheez!

But on the bright side, its been good to have some down-time.

Over the past week and a half, I have started meditating again, I've booked into private training sessions for pilates, and I've read Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love - and if you haven't already read this book, I highly recommend it!

I'm not waiting for the New Year to start my resolutions, there's no time like the present!

7 comments:

The Dream said...

Mich - I was wondering what happened to you! I have missed you, my friend. I received "Eat, Pray, Love" for Chrsitmas, so I'll be starting to read it soon. Sorry to hear about your health stuff ... big drag. But glad to read that you are listening to the universe - slowing down and starting to meditate again. People like us NEED that.

derick said...

mich, thanks for visiting and the comment----it is rgeat to see that you did not disappear completely
take care
derick

Lena said...

Just stopping by to say hello.

I just started reading Eat, Pray, Love tonight. I am loving it!

Feel better soon.
Lena

cherry girl said...

Ooh, I can totally relate to the tonsilitus! Hope that the second set of antibiotics clears it up quickly for you! I read Eat, Pray, Love about six months ago and think its great too. Happy Yuletide.

cherry girl said...

Happy Yuletide! I can totally relate to the tonsilitus I had a nasty bout a month ago too - hope the second round of medication clears it all up for you. I read eat, pray, love six months ago and thought it was a great book too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've missed you!
I'm so sorry that you're feeling crappy, but I truly believe it's our body's way of saying....slowwww down!
I've read Eat~Pray~Love, Isn't it fantastic?
I have a million changes I want to make in my life for 2008, and yes, no time like the present to begin.
I'm making my lists.
Hope you had a wonderful, magical X-mas.
Get your blankie & some hot tea & Trinity and rest until you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you're feeling better and that 2008 is all that you wish for and more. Blessings, Nicole xo