Tuesday 3 April 2007

Resilience

This week focuses on resilience. How do you stay on course when you are full of self-doubt? How do you pick yourself up after a rejection? Are you able to see the silver lining?

re·sil·ience {noun}
from dictionary.com

  1. the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
  2. ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.
When I begin to doubt myself, I find I need to re-centre: to ground myself firmly on the earth and focus on rebalancing my root chakra, home of the kundalini energy.

When the root chakra is in balance, we feel secure, alert, stable - our lives are full of active and positive energy.

So I sit on the earth, close my eyes, meditate, burning the Base Chakra Godessence blend, and summon the goddess Kali. Kali's esoteric attributes are PASSION and physical and sexual energy. She reminds us to be alert to those who undermine our self-confidence - Kali is here to hurl our lives onto a new path that will ultimately prove to be more fulfilling than our current path.

My spine grows and takes root in the earth. I feel the strength of the earth energise my spine and body.

I am indestructable! I am strong! I can shake the weight from my shoulders and conquer the demon shadowing my life.

For those times when I'm feeling a little 'wobbly', I always carry my base chakra essence spray, and I practice the following affirmations (from www.goddess.com.au):
  • My new life path reveals itself to me
  • I say goodbye to destructive influences
  • There are rainbows in every rainfall
  • I am awake to my life's calling
  • I welcome Kali's strength & recuperative powers
  • I trust the Universe to provide
  • It's OK to release my juicy anger
  • I can say "no" to negative influences

0 comments: